Dog Walker Training
Improve your dog walking skills! Taught by professional trainers, this class will give you foundation skills in animal training and management to make life better for dogs and easier for their owners.
For many dogs it’s not as simple as having a leash clipped on and heading out for a stroll. The information and training you’ll receive in this class will provide you with an introduction to animal behavior. This is essential and useful for anyone working with dogs in a variety of situations, and for anyone interested in learning more about dog training & dog walking.
- Learn how to address common behavior problems that include fear and reactivity to people, dogs or vehicles using science-based training.
- How to humanely stop pulling.
- Learn about the different pieces of equipment available for walking dogs, how they work and which you should avoid.
- Discover how you can support professional trainers and their clients with state of the art management and dog walking skills.
- Add enrichment to the lives of dogs who might not have the opportunity to get out and explore without your help.
- Discover continuing education opportunities for professional dog walkers.
Instructors: Sara Matters, M.A. & Debbie Jacobs, CPDT, RBT
This class is open to individuals 16 years and up. Class size will be limited.
Four 1.5 hour classes
Location: Training Matters, 1104 Ames Hill, Brattleboro VT.
Dates: September 4, 11, 18, 25, 2022
Contact Debbie with any questions and for more information.